Cat & Jack
In early 2016, Target rolled out a new billion-dollar kids brand called Cat & Jack. Target Creative’s task: Bring to life a new in-house designed brand in a way that creates a lasting relationship between mom, kid and Target.
Target Creative launched a multi-channel campaign for this exclusive, “kid-designed” line of clothing. We leveraged social, video, direct mail, Target.com, experiential and influencers to turn the Cat & Jack line of kids and baby clothes into one of the largest marketing‑supported brand launches in Target’s history. To kick off the line, we created a larger-than-life playground event at Brooklyn Bridge Park featuring kid models sliding down a giant slide, while giving guests exclusive event access during the press party through a Facebook Live stream.
• The product line has exceeded sales plans to date
• The brand launch at Brooklyn Bridge Park garnered twice Target’s average engagement on Facebook Live
• Our Facebook Canvas ad gained 1.3 million video views, with linkshares driving traffic at launch
• Paid social content earned 60.5 million impressions and 5.1 million video views
• PR results for the launch alone included 150 stories and approximately 500 million impressions, with an average tone of 3.6 and an average PR recall of +52%